Working from home is a privilege not everyone gets to partake in, so if it’s something you’ve been able to do, well, we’re envious! Whether you’ve got a long-established work-from-home situation, or are just scouting around for home office ideas, we’ve put together an ofﬁce cleaning checklist that will keep your workspace tidy and functional.
Things tend to get a little wild in every home ofﬁce, but these six steps will help you combat your office mess:
- Install two wall shelves and dedicate them to books and notebooks.
- Limit yourself to one ﬁling cabinet—keep your space as paperless as possible.
- Set up a dry erase board with handy markers so you can take notes on the ﬂy…without relying on scraps of paper.
- Invest in bins for quick cleaning
- Set aside a bin for toys, another for the occasional mug or glass, and one for everything else that doesn’t need to be dealt with right away.
- Empty these containers once you have some time to breathe.
CLEANING YOUR OFFICE
Once you’ve gotten some of the clutter out of the way, your ofﬁce cleaning will go much smoother.
- Collect the pens you may have scattered about the desktop and put them away. You’ll be amazed by how many you might ﬁnd!
- Toss out or recycle old receipts (unless they’re business-related), along with junk mail, ﬂiers, and other paperwork you no longer need.
- Dust your keyboard, computer, lamp, and desk.
- Wipe down surfaces with disinfectant.
MAINTAINING YOUR SPACE
Treat your home ofﬁce the way it should be treated: as a place for you to do your job. Keeping everything clean and inviting is the ﬁrst step to ensuring you hit all your goals for the day.
- Wipe down the surfaces on a daily basis.
- Hand vacuum your chair and the ﬂoor around your desk.
- Dust lightly at least once a week.
For more information, or to inquire about help with your cleaning tasks, please contact The Maids at 800.843.6243 or visit www.maids.com/cleaning-hacks
Download or print this checklist here.