How to Eliminate Dust in the Living Room
- Dust ceiling fans and light fixtures (always start high) with a dry microfiber cloth, and use your vacuum to dust the curtains.
- Wipe down wooden furniture, electronics, and other flat surfaces with a dry microfiber cloth, then damp wipe the furniture to give it some shine.
- Vacuum cushions and pillows, then vacuum beneath the cushions and in the crevices.
- Vacuum carpets and damp mop hard surface floors with a microfiber mop.
How to Clean Dust in the Bedroom
- Keep your comforter, duvets, pillows, and other bedding clean to minimize the amount of dust that accumulates.
- Dust your ceiling fan and light fixtures with a dry cloth and use a damp one to wipe down the tops of dressers and other furniture.
- Vacuum both sides of your mattress, and if you can't remember the last time you cleaned your mattress, or how, we've got you covered.
- Vacuum or damp mop your bedroom floor.
Now you know how to get rid of dust using the same methods as the pros. Want more pro tips for keeping your home cleaner and healthier? Check out our extensive library of DIY cleaning guides
to enjoy a clean home more often.
Whether you do it yourself or let The Maids take on the dirty work
, we're here when you need us. Learn more with a custom estimate
for your home cleaning needs.