The Maids guide to tackling the most forgotten room in the house
The laundry room gets a work out during winter months. With colder weather comes piles of hand-washing, more layers to run through the washer and not to mention excess lint and collected dust.
When we start to spring clean, the laundry room is one of the areas that we tend to leave off our list. So, just to make sure you don’t, here are 10 easy tips to getting your laundry room in order:
- Run the washing machine on full cycle using hot water and the largest load size. Add two cups of vinegar and ½ cup of baking soda to the machine. After the cycle is completed and the machine has drained and come to a stop, wipe the inside to loosen residue.
- Clean the bleach and fabric softener receptacle as well as the lint trap in hot water or run it through the dishwasher.
- Wipe down the exterior of the washer and dryer using a mild disinfectant. To add shine, use glass cleaner.
- If your machines have removable knobs, first, write down where the knobs belong and gently pull them off the machines. Soak in a mixture of warm soapy water with ½ cup of white vinegar. Then, use a soft cloth to clean the knobs. Dry and put back in place.
- Take off the dryer hose. Use your vacuum with the round brush attachment tool to loosen and remove the lint.
- Straighten the area with all of your laundry products. If powdered detergent is used, use your vacuum the shelf using your vacuums brush attachment tool to rid your shelf of spilled granules.
- Vacuum any dust, including on wall trim and window sills.
- Wipe down the outside of the liquid detergent containers.
- After every dryer load, clean out the dryer lint screen by wiping it out with the used fabric softener dryer sheet. The texture easily grabs the lint.
- Sweep and wash the floor.
Using these simple tips from The Maids will help you have one less room to worry about cleaning. For more information about The Maids visit www.Maids.com.