Vinegar Glass Cleaner Alternative
Distilled white vinegar
is a natural cleaner, disinfectant, and fungicide you can safely use for all kinds of cleaning chores around your home—including glass cleaning. Here's how to mix up your own vinegar glass cleaner at home:
- Mix two cups of distilled water with a half cup of distilled white vinegar in a new spray bottle and label it.
- Shake up the ingredients and spray your glass cleaner on the window or mirror, wiping it from top to bottom with a dry microfiber cloth.
- Wipe down the mirror or window frame once your cloth becomes dampened.
- Buff the glass to a sparkling shine using a dry microfiber towel.
- Store your homemade cleaner safely once your glass is clean.
If you find the odor of vinegar to be too potent, you can add a few drops of your favorite essential oil
for a fresher scent. Lemon oil, lavender, and other oils will leave a fresh, clean aroma without diluting the cleaning power of your glass cleaner.
Rubbing Alcohol Windex Alternative
When you add rubbing alcohol to your Windex alternative, your cleaner will evaporate more quickly to help prevent streaking and spotting. Plus, you'll get a cleaning and disinfecting boost from the extra ingredient—just remember rubbing alcohol is flammable and should be stored safely. (Rubbing alcohol is also a safe cleaning solution for stains
and sticky messes.)
- Mix one cup distilled water, three tablespoons vinegar, and ¼ cup rubbing alcohol in a new spray bottle and label it.
- Shake up your glass cleaning solution and spray it on your glass.
- Work from top to bottom and wipe down your window or mirror with a microfiber cloth.
- Use your dampened cloth to wipe dust and dirt from the window or mirror frame.
- Dry your glass with a dry microfiber cloth to get a brilliant shine.
- Store your homemade glass cleaner in a safe place.
For even more glass cleaning tips
, check out our other popular blog post, and when you need a helping hand, check out our flexible and affordable house cleaning services
. From windows to carpets, we can help get your home back in shape and keep it that way. Get your free quote
today and find out what The Maids can do to give you a clean home more often.