Do an internet search for “How Much Does Housecleaning Cost,” you’re going to get several different answers; from $25/hour to up to a flat fee of $300 for deep cleaning. It’s also hard to figure out what to budget, what you actually need, and whether or not you should hire a housecleaner in the first place.
Full disclaimer: You’re obviously reading a blog from The Maids, so know that while we always stand on the side of clean houses, we also believe in doing what’s right for your home, your family, and your finances. If you really want to know what it costs to clean your home, call us for a free estimate. We’re super nice (and super affordable), and we can talk you through our various packages.
Why I Hired A Housecleaning Service:
With the above in mind, let me dive into why hiring a cleaning service ended up being one of the most financially responsible things I’ve done as a reasonably well-adjusted adult, right up there with packing my lunch for work and shopping the clearance rack at my favorite store.
- I no longer take days off work to clean my house for guests. Don’t judge. I know I’m not the only one who does this.
- My house is clean on days I don’t have guests, which means I’m always ready for anything, including a moment to relax and recuperate.
- My family is healthier because my house gets cleaned properly and regularly, and because I have time to cook healthy meals and keep active. This means fewer visits to urgent care, fewer missed meetings and school days, and happier folks all around.
- My stress level is MUCH lower, which means I’m in a better place (and my better place is super clean).
- I have more time to save money in other places. Because I don’t spend hours each weekend cleaning my home, I can mow my own yard, prep all the meals for the week so we don’t eat out, and do the ironing instead of paying the dry cleaners to do it. I also no longer buy extra things because I can’t find what I know I already have (I know I’m not the only one with three measuring tapes and an extra pair of soccer shoes).
Do What’s Best For You
There are tons of other reasons why it’s perfectly okay to hire a cleaning service, and the above reasons are why hiring a maid service made sound financial sense to my family. A freelancer friend of mine is in the same boat, but she figured out rather quickly that the rate she charges her clients for her work was far less than what it would cost to hire someone to clean her home. In her mind, she could choose to spend four hours cleaning and lose the work income, or she could hire a cleaning service and spend the time securing clients and her career.
Like everything else with your home and your family, you need to do what’s best for you. If hiring a cleaning company can take the load off and give you the space, time, and freedom you need to live your best life in your best-kept home, then we’re here to help you make it happen. All you need to do is call (or click this link and we’ll call you).