When you think about your summer vacation rental, you’re probably thinking of marketing your property, decorating your summer rental and other ways to keep your place booked all summer long. Whether it’s good old word of mouth or a digital review, how favorable guests rate your summer rental will often have to do with cleanliness. Read on to find out how important cleaning your summer rental can be for keeping your rental property booked.
To get five stars for your vacation rental, you have to treat it like a luxury five-star hotel—particularly when it comes to cleaning. Any dirt, grime, stains or even a few hairs left behind in sensitive areas such as beds, toilets, showers and kitchens, will offend guests and likely affect their review. Whether you clean your vacation rental yourself or contract a maid service, make sure high standards are set from the beginning and a deep, thorough cleaning is done every single time a guest departs.
Cleaning a Summer Rental is Different Than a Typical House Cleaning
When guests book a stay in your summer rental, they expect it to be immaculately clean. You have to make sure your rental unit feels like home, but the level of clean has to be a step above a typical house cleaning. Here are just some of the tasks you can expect for expertly maintaining your summer rental property:
- Cleaning the linens used by previous guests
- Cleaning surfaces including disinfecting commonly touched areas like door handles
- Restocking toilet paper, paper towels, cleaning products and other essentials
- Inspecting for damage
- Testing electronics and appliances
- Cleaning patio or deck furniture
- Sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, dusting, scrubbing and disinfecting room by room
While a comprehensive cleaning checklist can help you cover all the bases if you are cleaning your rental yourself, there are other factors to consider. Doing your own cleaning reduces costs and should increase your income. After all, the goal of owning a vacation rental is to make a profit, but it’s important to evaluate the true savings. If you don’t live in the same area as your summer rental or lack of time to maintain and clean your place, then doing the cleaning yourself may not be an attractive option. Even if you are close by and have some free time, can you really commit to deep cleaning the entire vacation rental weekly and sometimes more often?
During the summer rental season, you hopefully have back-to-back bookings. But these quick turns mean guests will typically check out around 10 a.m. and the next guests check in around 4 p.m. That gives you approximately six hours for cleaning your summer rental top to bottom to get it in pristine condition. Remember, you only have one shot at impressing new guests and anything you miss during cleaning could mean a less than favorable rating and review.
A cleaning service may be a better option. A reputable residential cleaning service can save you time, money and negative reviews as long as you pick the right one. To find a housekeeping service that provides the thorough cleaning and dependability you need, here are some things to look for:
- Protect your rental, guests and reputation by choosing a cleaning service that is licensed, insured and bonded.
- Make sure any housekeeping service you are considering offers a range of services so that you will always have the cleaning resources you need.
- Choose a maid service that is well-known and highly regarded, preferably with verified reviews from satisfied customers.
- Be sure to choose a cleaning service that has proven they can clean quickly and efficiently with every service.
Why Choose The Maids for Cleaning Your Summer Rental?
The Maids has provided housekeeping and maid services across North America for 40 years. We are also the only residential cleaning service to specialize exclusively in cleaning for health. The Maids removes more dirt, dust and allergens than conventional cleaning services and we back all of our services with a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.
We have decades of experience providing a superior clean in residences and rentals from studio apartments to large estates. When you choose The Maids, you’re choosing one of the most dependable and proven residential cleaning services for cleaning your summer rental.
We can remove up to 99 percent of dust, pollen and other pollutants using our commercial-grade vacuums with HEPA filtration to create a healthier environment with every service. The Maids dusts and damp-wipes to remove dirt and dust, we disinfect commonly touched areas and we deep-clean from top to bottom.
Here is just some of what you can expect when you choose The Maids:
- Our professionally trained team members are licensed, bonded and insured. Our comprehensive insurance includes liability, crime and employee accident coverage that covers your summer rental, our team members and The Maids.
- The Maids provides a full range of services from spring cleaning to recurring services. We are experts in handling those last-minute cleanings and we offer flexible scheduling and on-time service.
- The Maids is highly regarded in the residential cleaning industry. In fact, 96 percent of our customers would refer us to friends and family. Our satisfied customers tell us time and again how healthy cleaning is the only kind of cleaning they want in their homes.
- The Maids and our three- to four-person cleaning teams follow a 22-Step Cleaning Process with every service. Each team includes a working supervisor who ensures all work is done to our high standards and completed quickly and efficiently.
The Maids also provides special cleaning services at many of our locations. Our most popular specialty services include Carpet Maintenance Service and Window Cleaning. Regular carpet cleaning maintenance can extend the life of your carpets in your summer rental and keep them looking its best season after season. Carpet cleaning improves indoor air quality by removing dust, dirt, allergens and debris that has settled deep in carpet fibers.
Window Cleaning can be time consuming and it’s difficult to get the streak-free shine your guests expect. Let The Maids professional window cleaners help make your summer vacation rental more attractive with sparkling clean windows and glass doors. With our safe, special-cleaning solution, professional-grade equipment and expert technique, we’ll give your guests a clearer view and a brighter interior environment.
Whether it’s a weekly deep cleaning or a specialty service for special cleaning tasks, you can count on The Maids to get the job done right when you need it the most. With almost 200 locations in 41 states and Canadian provinces, there’s a good chance The Maids services your neighborhood.
If you want to keep your summer vacation rental immaculately clean for every guest, The Maids is the right choice for cleaning your summer rental. Find out more when you get your free cleaning estimate from The Maids today.