The beginning of fall means festive morning drinks, spooky décor, and, if you’re lucky, a whine-free family pic at the pumpkin patch. But for those who suffer from seasonal allergies, the start of fall is accompanied by an onslaught of uncomfortable and unpleasant symptoms.
If you like this article, you might also like...
Request An Estimate
Follow these steps to keep your home healthy, and your family happy.
Begin with the basics.
Keeping a clean and tidy home is the foundation for maintaining an allergen-free abode. These habits help particles from building up and causing issues over time.
- Bedding should be laundered weekly. Wash blankets, sheets, pillowcases, and duvet covers in hot water.
- Dust bunnies love fabrics of all kinds; curtains make great homes because they’re seldom tended to. After checking instructions via the label, wash curtains on a gentle cycle with mild detergent. Hang to dry.
- A thorough vacuum cleaning should also be completed about once per week. In preparation for fall, make sure to vacuum in remote corners and under furniture.
Deal with the details.
They say the devil is in the details, and in this case, it’s in the dust.
- Dusty dresser tops are easy to spot but don’t forget to thoroughly clean the following: ceiling fan blades, hard to reach light fixtures, and window blinds. Use a microfiber cloth instead of a duster to help ensure that the particles aren’t just redistributed in the air. For items with stuck-on debris, use a dampened sponge.
- Clean your air duct covers by unscrewing them, and washing in warm water and a small amount of dish soap. No need to let the vents soak; just scrub gently with a soft sponge or microfiber cloth.
Manage maintenance items.
- Duct cleaning and HVAC maintenance is crucial for eliminating household allergens. Tuning up your heating system and investing in a seasonal duct cleaning can go a long way when it comes to keeping air quality clean and allergen-free.
Adhering to these steps will guarantee that your home is a haven- not a hideout- for pesky seasonal allergies. For help with a fresh, seasonal clean, call The Maids. Click here to get a free estimate.