If you like this article, you might also like...
Request An Estimate
The dog days of summer have us handling a multitude of messes. With all of this togetherness, the housekeeping to-do list is longer than ever. And, while our kids are to thank for some of the jumble, our furry family members create their fair share too. From wet nose window marks to post-sprinkler shake-off, our dogs keep us busy cleaning (and laughing, too).
But for dog owners everywhere, no task compares to the perpetual problem of pet hair. Stopping the shed itself is impossible, but there are several techniques and tools that will help
- Regular vacuuming is the unglamorous, first line of defense for dog hair. Work your way from high to low, using the proper attachments, and make sure to go over walls, sills, and draperies.
- Pet owners swear by a special tool that helps the vacuum get the job done: a rubber broom. The silicone bristles are gentle but durable; they efficiently catch and clump hair on both carpet and hard floor. Once the hair is collected in piles, remove it via vacuum. Because of their efficacy and affordability, rubber brooms are a must-have for any pet-friendly home.
- For upholstered furniture, a dampened sponge works wonders. Run it over the couch and chairs; its texture will capture the embedded hair and make it easy to clean up. The same technique also works well with rubber gloves or fabric softener sheets.
- When it comes to removing hair from wooden furniture, a microfiber cloth and anti-static dusting spray work well. Together, they’ll collect the existing hair, and the spray helps to curtail future shed from sticking.
- Use a lint roller to collect wisps of fur from lampshades and tabletop décor.
Regular deep cleans work well to mitigate an otherwise hairy situation. Our 22-Step Healthy Touch ® Deep Cleaning System includes the use of tools such as patented Back Pack Vacs with HEPA filtration can get rid of up to 99 percent of allergens, dust, hair, bacteria, pollen, pet dander and other pollutants. Schedule a One-Time or Recurring Cleaning Service today.