UNITED VAN LINES SWEEPS AWAY RELOCATION HOUSECLEANING CHORES WITH THE MAIDS
United Van Lines Sweeps Away Relocation Housecleaning Chores with The Maids
The new cleaning options were created after a survey of United® customers indicated that cleaning help is the No. 1 extra service they would like to receive.
"The last thing that people who are relocating want to worry about is cleaning the house they're leaving or the one they're moving into. It takes time, it's exhausting, and you need equipment and supplies that you've packed away," said Ben Jude, director of sales for United Van Lines. "With our new housecleaning packages, our customers can not only get the work done but also avoid having to shop for their own cleaning company."
The new cleaning services - provided by The Maids offices in 42 states and several provinces in Canada - include:
- Move-out services: The Maids will clean the home after the moving truck leaves. This service includes a bonded, insured, supervised four-person cleaning team for up to six man-hours of housecleaning.
- Move-in services: The Maids will remove the stress and anxiety of housecleaning when moving into a new home. This service includes a bonded, insured, supervised four-person cleaning team for 10 man-hours of housecleaning.
"Having a national moving company and a national residential cleaning company join forces is as logical as putting a pharmacy in a grocery store, but no one has ever done it before," said David Griebel, vice president of marketing for THE MAIDS Home Services. "It's an inspired idea that will be a real convenience for United Van Lines' customers."
The housecleaning packages expand the full-service moving upgrades available through United's Straight Talk Advantage® program. Other options include:
- Set Replacement - If an item in a set is damaged and cannot be fixed or replaced to match the set, United's Gold Standard ProtectionSM will replace or pay for the entire set's replacement value.
- Date Change - If the customer's moving schedule changes, United will adjust the moving date for no extra charge.
- Destination Waiting Time - In case of customer delays, United will wait for extra time at the final move destination if the customer is not available.
- Debris Pickup - After a move, United will pick up empty moving boxes and packing material waste.
- PC Setup, PC Networking and/or Home Theater Setup -United customers receive help setting up their computer equipment; installing secured wireless networks for sharing Internet, printers and files from anywhere at home; and/or setting up home theater systems in the customer's new residence.
- Identity Theft Protection - Services ranging from credit monitoring to identity restoration help safeguard the customer's identity during highly vulnerable moving times.
Customers can purchase the Straight Talk Advantage options individually or as part of a package offering, which combines various services at a reduced cost.
About United Van Lines:
United Van Lines transports electronic equipment, trade show exhibits and displays, works of art, and specialized freight, in addition to household goods. United, with headquarters located in suburban St. Louis, maintains a network of 1,000 affiliated agencies in 135 countries around the world. More information about United and its services can be obtained through the company's Web site at www.unitedvanlines.com.
About The Maids:
Known for its 22-Step Healthy Touch® Deep Cleaning System, The Maids is the only franchised residential cleaning service to clean for health, combining environmentally preferable cleaning supplies and state-of-the-art equipment with a methodical process to maintain the healthiest living environment possible for families. The Maids enjoys a 96 percent customer referral rate, distinguishing them as the residential cleaning service of choice. Visit The Maids (www.maids.com) for more information.