Fun summer traditions include splashing in swimming pools, attending baseball games, oohing and aahing over firework displays and munching on fabulously-delicious food. Don’t let summer pass you by without trying these recipes, guaranteed to help keep things cool.
Fire Up The Grill
Instead cranking up the oven (which cranks up the heat in the kitchen), fire up the grill instead. Almost every type of food can be cooked on a grill, including vegetables and dessert! Try these grilltastic recipes.
- The Classic Hamburger: It’s not really summer until you eat a grilled burger. This recipe for Classic Grilled Burgers keeps it simple, for tried and true flavor every time. Add toppings at your discretion.
- Fish Tacos: If you’ve never had fish tacos, you are missing out! This flavorful and fast take on the traditional Mexican favorite will have your saying, Mas por favor. Try this 30-minute recipe for Grilled Fish Tacos and don’t forget to get adventurous with the toppings.
- Mexican Corn: Messy, but worth it, this recipe for Grilled Mexican Street Corn is an entirely new way to eat corn on the cob. Keep the wet naps nearby and get ready to make this recipe a summer staple.
- Grilled Pineapple: Pineapple’s natural sugars transform its flavor into something sweetly special when grilled. This easy recipe for Grilled Pineapple uses just a dash of hot sauce to keep things spicy.
Sip On Something Cold
Having a cold drink helps your body stay hydrated and gives it more water to evaporate, i.e., sweat, which helps keep you cool. Try these tasty sips the next time you’re sitting on the patio or poolside.
- Lemonade: Forget about powders and ready-made versions, this Homemade Lemonade Recipe will have you ditching the drinks isle for the produce section whenever you’re craving a sip.
- Slushies: Give these typically kid-friendly treats a mature twist with watermelon, honeydew and cantaloupe. Follow this recipe for Summer Melon Slushies to cool off your grown-up taste buds.
- Margarita: Whether you add tequila or not, the limeyness of a margarita is tough to beat in the summer. Try this recipe, five-calorie Raspberry Lime Margarita Fizz (non-alcoholic), for a low-calorie drink recipe that doesn’t taste like it.
End With Something Sweet
Sugar might not keep your body cool, but it’s delicious and satisfying, which goes a long way to keeping you happy in the heat! These sweet summertime endings will have you craving them all year long.
- S’mores: Summer can’t officially end without having a gooey, chocolatey s’more; bonus points if the marshmallow is roasted over a fire. But, if a campfire isn’t in the cards, this recipe for Chocolate Chip Cookie Peanut Butter S’mores Bars will work in a pinch.
- Dessert Nachos: Summertime snacking is all about the food you can eat with your fingers – and these Grilled Dessert Nachos are no exception. Assemble them on a sheet pan and “bake” on the grill to finish them off.
Endless lists of housekeeping tasks don’t have to get you heated either. The Maids has cleaning services that can take over either once-a-week or just once-in-a-while. Because, let’s face it when the summer sun is shining, the last thing we want to do is work up a sweat indoors cleaning. Stay cool, call The Maids.