The Maids offer tips to help pets prepare for company
Pets are just about as common as ordinary appliances, and as sweet and docile as they may be around their owners, there’s no telling what can happen when strangers walk in.
The Maids Home Services offers the following tips for pet owners when scheduling in-home service providers:
1. Notify the service provider that you have a pet.
2. Tell your service provider the pet’s name in the event that your pet should become agitated or disappear. Show your service provider where you keep the pet’s leash.
3. If there is an animal-made mess, clean it up before the service provider arrives. If handled improperly, animal excrement can lead to the spread of dangerous diseases.
4. If possible, relocate your pet. Put your pet in a kennel or in a clearly marked room that the service worker is not scheduled to enter. Leave a few favorite toys with your pet to keep it from getting restless.
5. If you’re expecting a cleaning service, be sure to mention your pet’s favorite hang-outs so special attention can be paid to removing excess pet dander from those areas.
Ready for a visit from The Maids? Visit www.maids.com to find a location near you.