The Maids quick tips help prepare your home for unexpected guests
Everybody has that one relative that likes to show up early and surprise everyone. Well “surprise!” doesn’t cut it when you have a messy house and just a few minutes to make your guests feel welcome.
We know you’re in a hurry so we’ll cut to the chase. Use these tips for only the trickiest occasions that require the look of a clean home, without the time and muscle.
- Dust artificial flowers with a hair dryer.
- Use a laundry basket to clear away all clutter like magazines, toys and shoes then store in a bedroom closet. A cluttered space can make any area, clean or dirty, appear messy.
- Shut all doors of rooms not being used (or rooms that are too messy to save).
- Remove any dishes from the sink or countertops, place on a cookie tray and store in the oven. Make sure to remove them before using or preheating the oven!
- Use baby wipes to quickly wipe spots on hard floors or counters.
- Dust hard surfaces with micro fiber cloths. They quickly clean surfaces without water.
- Use a lint roller brush for a quick clean up of crumbs and pesky pet hair on upholstery.
- Open a window to air out your home and light a scented candle or spray air freshener for a lasting clean scent.
- Turn on all the lights, throw back the curtains and open blinds. The more well lit your home is, the more open it seems.
Follow these quick tips and your unexpected loved ones will think you outdid yourself just for their arrival. While they are busy complimenting your tidy home you will have just enough time to make them a spot of tea and shove their coat in the closet (just be sure to watch out for all the laundry baskets).
If this happens to you every year – be prepared this time around. Give The Maids a call and have them come do a special cleaning just for the holidays. If you’re the one visiting this year, consider giving the gift of The Maids to your hosts as a holiday treat. Click here to find out more. (link to give the gift of The Maids)
To find The Maids location near you please visit www.maids.com or call 1-800-The-Maids.