Protect Your Family from the Seasonal Flu
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reports the flu vaccines for this year have been updated to better match circulating flu viruses and although the timing of flu season is unpredictable, seasonal flu activity has begun in much of the United States and Canada. The Maids of the Triad (also serving Winston Salem), armed with the muscle of Mr. Clean, offers these tips to cut down on the spread of germs in your home to keep your family happy and healthy.
- Get a flu shot. According to the CDC this is still the strongest defense against the virus, and it’s not too late.
- Wash your hands regularly with warm soapy water. Scrub for at least 20 seconds. Have young children? Have them sing the ABCs while they scrub for a fun way to pass the time. Carry hand sanitizer with you for those times you can’t wash with soap and water.
- Properly disinfect commonly touched surfaces in your home such as phones, door knobs, remotes and light switches on a regular basis. Germs can live on surfaces for up to 48 hours.
- Wash items such as towels and bedding regularly with hot water to kill germs. If someone in the home is sick, be sure to wash these items before they are shared.
- If multiple toothbrushes are kept in the same container or bathroom, either put them through the dishwasher or purchase new ones.
- If someone in your home has been ill, it’s a good idea to give your whole house a deep scrubbing, making sure to disinfect all hard surfaces where germs might live.
The Maids, the exclusive cleaning partner of Mr. Clean, uses its proprietary, Healthy Touch® Deep Cleaning System to ensure a healthy cleaning process and provide the families we service with the cleanest, healthiest living environment possible. The Healthy Touch cleaning system is a 22-step process that combines healthy cleaning products and strict attention to detail. This along with our HEPA filtered back pack vacuums leave our customer’s homes clean and healthy.
Let The Maids of the Triad help your family fight the flu this season and schedule a deep cleaning for your home. For more information, visit www.maids.com or call 336-292-7804.