- The Maids was founded by President Daniel J. Bishop in 1979 in Omaha, Nebraska, and began franchising in 1980.
- The Maids serves more than 800 territories in the United States and Canada.
- The Maids offers a large market opportunity for multiple market franchises.
- 99 percent of The Maids' franchisees attended college and 20 percent have advanced degrees. 37 percent of owners are husband/wife teams.
- The Maids was the first maid service to focus on cleaning for allergy and asthma sufferers with the inception of its Healthy Touch® cleaning system in 1995.
- To increase franchise growth and profit, The Maids has expanded its services in 2001 to include carpet cleaning, window washing, furnace filter changing and same-day service.